Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Turtle Gets Stripped

Just A Little Work...

  One thing that bothered me about the car when I got it was the condition of the front and rear bumpers.

The front was pitted and looked to have been repainted a few times, along with a small puncture mark on the driver's side.

The rear bumper wasn't that great either, with evidence of a few resprays and some cracked paint, showing down to the primer.

So, while the car was down for the rollbar install, I went ahead and pulled the bumpers, and hood off to give to the guy who had painted my hardtop for me. The plan was to have everything painted and reinstalled before the track day in October.

Needless to say, the car looked a little funny:

Kind Of "Mad Maxish".

The Turtle And The Helmet


 Dropped everything off and waited a few weeks for him to get done. He said that the bumpers had definitely been repainted a few times, but he managed to strip them down completely. Charged me a little more than he quoted, but was happy with the job for the most part.

Except For This..

For some reason, he decided that the metal support plate in the front bumper, needed some Mica loving, so I ended up drilling the pop rivets out and spraying the whole thing with semi gloss black.  Nothing too terrible, just annoying.

He Even Painted The Rubber Seal For The Hood!

I Hate Gold...

Since the emblems had to come off, and I wasn't a fan of them being anodized gold, I shot them with some of the Shadow Cast paint for chrome, and painted them semi gloss black as well.

Put everything back together and it was looking a lot better.

Track Day Ready!

 Now I just need to do something about that dent in the driver's side rear quarter panel.


Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot....

No comments:

Post a Comment