Tuesday, September 6, 2016

In The Wild- 5 September 2016

Hello...Nurse!

I'm usually a Import Guy for the most part, but I do have a soft spot in my head for Domestic Cars as well.  For a few glorious months, I was the owner of a Black on Black 6 Speed 05 Pontiac GTO, until common sense and dwindling finances forced me to sell it.

 Pretty much any Muscle Car or Pony Car will catch my attention, but one that I've always admired from afar is the Third Generation Corvette.

 I spotted this one at Sedgewick County Park in Wichita while my Girlfriend was running a 5K and had to snap a few pics of it.

Yes, I know by today's standards they're horribly under powered and were produced when open chest hair, platform shoes and gold chains were a thing, but I can't help myself.  I mean, look at that BODY.  The lines, curves and the way it flows.  It all just works.







 I'm not a big fan of the chrome on this particular one, but that's entirely a subjective matter and can be addressed if so desired.  The lack of power can be addressed as well with a number of different Power Train options.  Also these were produced in enough numbers,  so that finding one in decent shape shouldn't be too hard.




Maybe one day when I have my own place with a shop on site, I can pick one of these up and do something with it.  It'd make a nice weekend cruiser, and would definitely get some looks. 

Of course, I like poking bears so I'd probably go and  swap something Japanese into it, to address the power issue. :-)

Who Knows?

Maybe one day.

Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot...

  






No comments:

Post a Comment